CEO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, Kwakiutl First Nation
Kwakiutl First Nation is poised to be a major leader in First Nations Economic Development in British Columbia in the next decade and beyond. Already playing a significant role in jobs and prosperity on Vancouver Island, we seek a special person who understands opportunities when they see them. Are you an entrepreneurial executive who brings the skills to help meet the unique potential and challenges this position offers?
SALARIED FULL TIME POSITION: $ 110,000 per year to start, plus competitive benefits package
The KFN CEO of Economic Development will oversee the administration of the Kwakiutl Nation Development Corporation for the benefit of the Kwakiutl People. This role will identify business opportunities, assess their feasibility and market position, and present proposals to the KNDC Board of Directors for approval. This position is pivotal in developing and maintaining relationships that provide economic growth for the Kwakiutl First Nation People. In addition, the Executive Director is responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and executing economic projects in line with the corporation’s mandate.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify economic opportunities, assess feasibility & market position, and ensure alignment with the directives of Kwakiutl Nation Development Corporation
- Develop relationships with industry, government, funders, business, and First Nations partners
· Engage proactively with shareholders regularly to ensure alignment of objectives
- Develop effective strategic economic development proposals and present them to the KNDC Board for review and approval
- Secure funding for projects through a variety of sources
- Develop,manage, and maintain an annual operating budget
- Work with the KFN Senior Administration and HR Department on targeted recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of key positions as needed
- Facilitate the development and implementation of a “5 YEAR STRATEGIC PLAN” on behalf of the Board
- Develops annual work plans to address goals and outcomes identified in the strategic plan
- Administer economic development programs and projects and provide reports on these to both the KNDC and the KFN Chief & Council
- Develop and recommend policies relating to economic development programs and projects
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
- Degree in Business Administration & Management, Economics, Finance or related fields
- Experience working in an Economic Development capacity with a proven track record of success
- Knowledge of First Nation culture and working with First Nations and citizens
- Understanding of socio-economic factors, conditions, and developments of the region and the potential impacts on the economy and employment are considered a very strong asset for this job
- An extensive network of industry, government, contacts with the ability to build new relationships and maintain those connections
- Strong business negotiation skills and a proven track record
- Ability to analyze business information and distill, summarize and share key information with others to assist in decision making
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- Valid BC Class 4 or 5 Driver’s license
- The KFN Band Office is a shared, respectiful workplace. Multi-tasking and deadlines can be expected.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter with three (3) references identified outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open until filled. (Please include position title – CEO Economic Development in the subject line)
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference may be given to candidates of First Nations ancestry and have knowledge of local First Nations traditional customs and practices.