Lands & Resources Dept.
Guardian-Fieldworker Labour Pool
Candidates would ideally have the following:
• Be in good health and strong enough to spend 10 hours ‘walking a river’ or conducting CMT cruises
• First aid or other safety training
• Rain gear, appropriate footwear, outdoor clothing
• First-hand field knowledge of local vegetation, animals, birds, salmon and other fish
• Respect the current Covid pandemic safety measures / WorkSafe regulations
• Respectful and professional behaviour and able to work in a diverse work environment
• Knowledge of Kwakiutl history, culture, use
• Ability to assess and take precautions to ensure safety and health of oneself and others within the work environment.
If you have questions about the Fieldworker-Guardian position, please email Sherri Labour at:
or call: (250) 949-6012 (x3157) and leave a message.
If you want to work as a Fieldworker-Guardian, please send your expression of interest (or cover letter & resume if you have one) to Dwayne Worthing at
- you can also drop hard copies off at the Band Office if you like. Please also provide a copy to Sherri at L&R.